CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Trusting the System.

Tomorrow is Connor's first day of Kindergarten.
Big Time.
Big kid school.
School bus.
This is the real deal.

I have been a bundle of nerves and emotions about this for a while now, but this week has been full of ups and downs for me. He had orientation on Wednesday, and well tomorrow "is it".

I talk to Connor about all the great things that will happen, try to prep him for the things that may seem confusing or overwhelming and reassure him that there will be teachers and/or other staff readily available to help him. Meanwhile, I just want to hug him and squeeze him and keep him in my arms forever. My baby boy.

 I KNOW he went to preschool all day. 
But, we selected the school..... we drove him there and hand delivered him to the classroom teacher/staff and picked him up. In preschool its a whole world of innocent little kids.

Now I have to trust the system.
Walk him to the bus stop... watch him walk up the stairs and watch as the bus pulls him away.
I have to trust the system that they will get him there.
I have to trust the system that they will nurture him the way I would.
I have to trust the system that they will educate him to the best of their ability. Even better than that I'd prefer.
I have to trust the system that people will be kind to him and he will make friends.
I have to trust the system that he will be safe.

I know he will love kindergarten and be just fine.

I know its a learning process for kids to go through.
However, its a learning process for Mommies too.



No comments: