CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

When the little girl is sick...

There is no pleasing her.

Miss Paige has had a fever for the last few days, this morning being its peak at 103.6 -- so, granted, she doesn't feel well.


Within a very short hour or so she went from taking her peaceful, refreshing nap....
 To hiding in the corner and crying... (for a reason I have yet to figure out....)
 A little more crying....
 After a great amount of patience, love and coaxing, I got her out of the corner so we could read books. The time of quiet was short lived, because it seems she has a short fuse today and is quite touchy... She doesn't want juice. No water. No snacks. Nothing, nothing, nothing. poor thing...

So, we eventually made our way into the kitchen where she helped herself to some fresh strawberries...
 But, she got mad when she saw me snap a photo and she threw the half eaten berry back into the box and closed it.

I asked her:
Mommy: Paige, do you want your berry?
Paige: NO.
Mommy: Do you want juice ?
Paige: NO.
Mommy: Do you want to lay on the couch together?
Paige: NO.
Mommy: DO you want to lay on the couch with your pillows and blanket?
Paige: NO MOMMY! (crying)

Mommy: DO you want to play with Connor?
Paige: (still crying) Noooooooooooo Mommy
Mommy: Ok, I will leave you alone.
Paige: NO MOMMY! (crying...) She then walks over to try and climb on my lap -- and I move back to scoop her up on my lap and she walks away crying NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not quite sure what my poor girl wants...or needs... but it certainly involves patience because I can't figure anything else out....

4 comments:

Gina said...

Awww, poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, poor thing. Hopefully it will be short-lived. I'll send a prayer for you little girl and her mom. :)

Fire Wife said...

Oh, that is the hardest! I hate when they don't feel good like that, and it seems like there's nothing you can do to make it better! Hope she's better soon!

Kayla said...

I hope she is feeling better!