CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I wasn't ready for it.

All day on 9-11 I debated whether or not I should write an "I Remember" post. I've done one in the few years past of being a blogger, but, I just wasn't sure if I should this year.

Later on that day - I had the kids in the car on the way home from my mothers house, and Connor was looking out the windows and we were talking about the trees, the train tracks, big trucks, a cemetery -- basically, every thing we drove by, we discussed.

Then, a conversation I wasn't quite ready for, or prepared for came up for so many reasons.

Connor: What's that Mommy?
Me: A Cemetery
Connor: What's that Mommy?
Me: A cemetery Connor.
Connor: What's cemetery?
Me: ::loooongg sigh:: Well, Connor, do you remember when we went with Daddy to go visit Poppy? We went, and saw a stone with his name on it, and we talked to him but didn't see him? Well, that's a cemetery.
Connor: We visit Poppy. Daddy sad at Poppy. Poppy come back?

(**Connor was not even a year old when his Poppy aka great grandpa passed away but Poppy was the man who raised Jason - so its his "dad".... and on Fathers Day we went with some flowers and Connor
wanted to go up with Jason -- so he remembers Daddy was sad because of Poppy...)
Me: No Connor, Poppy can't come back. He's up in Heaven.
Connor: Poppy up in Heaven. Daddy still sad.
Me: Yes, Connor. Daddy is still sad. That's why we go to the cemetery so we can have a place to visit the people in Heaven. But, don't worry, Heaven is a nice place so Poppy is happy there.
Connor: Heaven happy. Daddy sad for Poppy. Buy Daddy a new Poppy?


and that's about where I got choked up because I realized how much he wanted his Daddy to be happy....

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a touching story.

Kayla said...

awe my heart hurts for conner. its amazing at how pure their little hearts are!

Candice said...

oh wow! Kids are amazing!

Fire Wife said...

Sounds like you are raising a little man witha compassionate heart. Sweet story.

leira said...

You have an amazing sweet boy.