CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene.

She came, She saw, She CONQURED.
Thankfully my house didn't lose power.
Thankfully none of my family was injured.
We did have flooding throughout our basement and threw out tons of stuff.
Thankfully it was only things. Some more sentimental than others, but,it was still "just stuff".

My sister's basement is a water tank. Water filled to the top step.
Thankfully it was just things that were ruined.

My road was closed until today because of major flooding.
Peoples cars and homes were ruined around here.
A local waterfront restaurant was totally destroyed.
Lots of people lost items, belongings and will need to put a lot of money and work into fixing what was destroyed.
Thankfully it was "just stuff".

The bottom of my road.







2 comments:

Kayla said...

OMG I am glad that you guys are safe! I am so sorry that you lost some of your things! Praying for you!

Fire Wife said...

So glad you all are safe. And you have a wonderful perspective - sentimental as some things may be... they are just "things". God bless!