CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

To the man at Stew Leonards...

To the man at Stew Leonards (in Yonkers...)
Thank you for running over at full speed when you saw my little girl fall backwards out of her high chair, hit her head on the concrete and choke on her food. I know Daddy was trying to take care of her, but I  can only assume you are a medical professional who wanted to make sure she was really ok. Maybe you're not a medical professional at all, maybe you're just a really good Samaritan who saw the fear in the faces of two parents - I will never really know... Regardless... you did a good deed tonight.
You didn't say much... but your intervention and concern touched my heart more than you probably realize... I was tearing up with fear and appreciation as you kneeled there helping Daddy get the food out of her throat....
You got up and walked away quickly after she was ok, saying "She's a trooper, she'll be fine"... and disappeared...
I'm glad we saw you one last time before we left so I could tell you "THANK YOU SO MUCH" but...really, that wasn't what I wanted to say.
So, man at Stew Leonards..thank you so much.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Nice to know there are still people who care! Glad your little trooper is ok.

Jenn said...

He sounds like an angel. So glad to hear P is ok.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

OK, now you have me crying much too early this morning. Thank goodness for good people. I'm so glad your little one is OK.