CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Ahhh, vacation!

Today is my first day off on vacation. Unlike most teachers, I don't have the luxury of enjoying summers off. I get two weeks off before our summer program begins and then I get another two weeks off at the end of that program.

I had really been looking forward to spending quality time with the kids this break, with no set schedules, we can do fun things, and make our "own rules"!

This morning, I slept in a little late - until 7! Woo hoo!! Then Connor woke up and sat in bed with me, we read books, we were silly, and we just snuggled until Princess Paige woke at 7:45 (very late for her).

We slowly made our way downstairs to the living room (their main play area) and I went into the kitchen to pour them their cups of milk.
That's when Connor started asking me "Put clothes on mommy" "go bye bye" "clothes on mommy"... I told him that we aren't getting dressed yet, we're staying in PJs a little longer. He didn't like that answer... he continued to ask to go bye bye ...
So I asked him where he wanted to go -- he said "Ma's house" (Ma is their great - grandma ... she watches them 5 days /week when me and Jason are working)...

I had to tell Connor we aren't going to Ma's today, we're staying home together because Mommy doesn't have work.

How did he take the news??

"No way Mommy. Ma's house."

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yep, us too - my son goes to grandma's 5 days a week and he'll have it no other way!!!

Karen said...

And you better make it to my house 1 of those days off!!

Kayla said...

yep we can't help but feel the love when Tater would prefer being with nana and papaw over mommy and daddy.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, that story made me laugh. It's good he like Ma's house. If she's like my parent's, I'm guessing he gets more treats there. :)