CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ignore-ance is bliss.

I don't mean ignorance  as in the lack of knowledge...
I mean... IGNORE-ance - as in having the knowledge but ignoring it!

Sometimes I worry that when I go upstairs to do some household chores, take a shower, or do anything alone the kids will have a meltdown and my poor husband will be left to deal with it. So, I rush rush rush through whatever it is I'm doing to avoid this possible (and likely) scenario.

Then...other times I think "SO WHAT" if they have a meltdown, let him deal with it!
There's no reason I don't 'let' him deal with it, other than my own issues - which then lead me to complain and say "I do everything around here!"

The other night when I went upstairs to take a shower I was tired, and cranky. Just one of those days I guess. And... I was in a hot shower, just trying to wash the grump away... I then thought I heard a cry. And I was about to start hurrying...

...When I stopped myself.
I said "Self... knock it off. Enjoy this shower. He's fine. They're fine."

So, what did I do? Well, I took a long long hot hot shower... and I ignored my family.

Guess what?
They were all fine.

2 comments:

the hereba family said...

I sooooo understand this already! It's hard not taking the responsibility for the kids even though it makes you feel a little resentful about it. Being a mama is hard sometimes ;)

steffers said...

I sometimes am the same way. I always try to minimize the amount of "stress" my husband could have in relation to our daughter...I don't know if it is because I am gone most of the day at work and feel guilty or because it is just my nature.
Good for you taking that shower! I have to keep reminding myself that he helped make her!