CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the God of Ears

According to Greek mythology there is a god or goddess for just about everything -

Aphrodite - goddess of beauty and love
Ares -god of war
Dionysus - god of wine, parties and festivals
Hypnos - god of sleep

Well...the list of Gods, Goddesses, lesser gods, titans goes on and on covering dieities of the most ridiculous things - relaxation, unmixed wine, beekeeping, morning dew.....
 So, I am fairly convinced that somewhere deep in that list (click here for list) there is a God of Ears.

And, Clearly in this life or a past life I have angered him. And on us he shall seek his fiery wrath of vengence - or something equally scary sounding.

Of all the things I thought I'd worry about when I became a mother I never anticipated the amount of time I'd spend in the ENTs office discussing ear fluid and tubes... and forcefully insisting my ENT be less laid back and more proactive - like me.

Connors tube fell out, but its just hanging out in his ear because its too lazy to come all the way out. In addition, there's some fluid in there (ugh...cue infection) and...well, we're basically waiting to see what happens... and by that we mean - does he need to go in for round 2 of tubes?

In the meantime... I'll start honoring and praying to these guys::


  • Aceso (Ἀκεσώ), goddess of the healing of wounds and the curing of illnesses

  • Aegle (Αἴγλη), goddess of radiant good health

  • Asclepius (Ασκληπιός), god of healing

  • Epione (Ἠπιόνη), goddess of the soothing of pain

  • Hygieia (Υγεία), goddess of cleanliness and good health

  • Iaso (Ἰασώ), goddess of cures, remedies and modes of healing

  • Paeon (Παιάν, Παιήων, or Παιών), physician of the Olympian gods

  • Panacea (Πανάκεια), goddess of healing

  • Telesphorus (Τελεσφόρος), demi-god of convalescence, who "brought to fulfillment" recuperation from illness or injury

  • (stolen from Wikipedia)

    No comments: