CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Ugly, The Bad, The Good, & The Beautiful - Spring Break

Ok, ok I know its really "The Good, bad and the ugly..." but its my blog, my rules.
As I'm getting ready to return to work (blech) I am thinking of my spring break and how it had its ups and downs, downs and ups... and times I was wishing I was just at work... and now I'm dreading the daily grind.

So, low and behold, my spring break in review::

THE UGLY
I was frustrated that the weather was pretty crappy overall so we were stuck in the house.
I was agitated with "life" in general so I let my frustration get the better of me and I was in a bad mood so I think I got mad at the kids too much and yelled at them a lot. At first.

THE BAD
It rained. A lot.
If it wasn't raining, it was cold and not spring weather.
Due to car issues that both US and my mom were dealing with simultaneously we had some vehicle shuffling to do and I had to miss a speaking engagement at a local college I had been REALLY looking forward to.

THE GOOD
  • I was home from work.
  • I was home from work with my kids.
  • The first weekend off, my mom took the kids Sat-Sun for a visit so I got to spend some time with hubby. What did we do? Shop for the kids Easter gifts! But still, time as adults!
  • I was able to see some great friends and their kids.
  • The kids got to spend some quality time with Grandpa (my dad) & Sandy (my stepmother)
  • I did some really fun activities/crafts with my kids during the week.
  • I was home from work with my kids.

THE BEAUTIFUL
  • Every morning Connor woke up around 6:15 to climb in bed (he normally gets up then, but figured out it was a lazy week!) and I got to snuggle with him (And sometimes Paige) EVERY day this week. I had at least 1-2 hours of uninterrupted, snuggle time with the kid(s) awake/sleeping/or both to just soak up and enjoy.
  • I got to eat breakfast and lunch (and dinner, of course) with my kids and enjoy their sillies and really talk to them... even if they smeared yogurt/syrup/jelly/[insert food item here] on themselves and the table
  • Did I mention I was home from work with my kids? So we danced, and played, and took a walk in between mini rain storms,
  •  and... well, overall I suppose I'd rather be home and stuck inside with the kids than out working every day.

1 comment:

Fire Wife said...

Great post!

Life always has it's Bads, right? But finding the Goods & the Beautifuls? That's what it's all about. And those are some good Beautifuls, if I do say so myself!