CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My dinner date.

The Mr. had a prior engagement this evening so dinner was up to me and the kiddos... however... I was REALLY tempted to take them to IHOP for free pancake night. Yes...FREE shortstack of pancakes for every customer.  Now... I'd  never taken the kids out to eat alone. I've met up with people at restaurants, or taken them to stores or other places by myself when they can sit in a stroller or shopping cart.. .but a restaurant? I  was either brave or crazy.

Well... I decided to go for it! As I was getting them ready to leave, I kept asking Connor if he wanted to go on a date with Mommy and Paige... so, he was excited for the "date" and off we went!

We went to IHOP!

And...all except for a crazy lady that I yelled at in the lobby (story will come later) the experience was awesome!

The kids were so well behaved -- (it did help that I brought along our portable DVD player equipped with a ScoobyDoo video in case the wait time was too long) and I really enjoyed our "date"!

We each had a short stack of pancakes, the kids got chocolate milk and mommy had some coffee -(and some chocolate milk too, shh don't tell). I let the kids have the whole plate in front of them and we chowed down!

What a fun night...and really... I am so glad I was brave, not crazy!! I have such a great memory now - of our first dinner out together (as a trio!)

3 comments:

Gina said...

How fun! Glad it went well!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you braved it also. What fun!!

Day 2 Day Living said...

So much fun! Man I need to take mine out on a date, but at 12 dating his mom just isn't cool. My daughter at almost 16 I still can't remove from my hip.