CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Scares! ooh Paige...

Well between last night and this morning Paige has managed to give me two, yes two, mommy heart attacks.
She is a dangerous, exploring, daredevil....

Last night after bathtime, I was drying her off while sitting on the bathroom floor and she started to walk out of the room and a candle on the counter caught her eye...

(*** yes... I know its dangerous, I knew it was there, I just had simply thought it was further back than her reach, I was wrong... NO NEED for lectures on the dangers... I am well aware esp after last night)

We had lit the candle earlier while cleaning and just never blew it out before bath time... as she reached up to grab the candle I screamed "Paige No!!!!!!!" but it was too late, the candle was tipping over -- so, the best way to protect her? I pushed her out of the way...  if I pulled her towards me she would have still gotten splashed from wax, by pushing her forward she missed it completely -- she was 100% untouched by anything hot or candle related... my bathroom, well, its pretty waxy but I'll take that as a lesson learned and a punishment...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Paige is a chair climber. We know this. We try to keep all the chairs pushed in as tightly to our kitchen table as possible, but, it really doesn't help because she can pull them out. But, we do it for good measure.
I was cleaning the dishes from breakfast, and Jason was watching Tv in the living room (the kitchen table is visible from both of these places)...  I knew Connor was sitting at the kitchen table playing with his trains ... but Paige had been on the floor playing with her baby dolls...

Suddenly, we hear the sound of a glass breaking... it echoed so loudly throughout my head, and the house, because I knew I didn't do it...so it had to be the kids..

I turned around to see Paige standing on a chair, reaching halfway across the table for a water glass (this cup was definitely out of reach...therefore, she needed the chair, and to reach across the table!)... and holding her hand as if she had a fistful of glass... she did.
Jason and I both reached that table in 2 seconds flat...
Luckily, she wasn't holding her fist too tightly so I was able to simply brush most of the glass right off her palm, and then I ran her hands under cold water to be sure all other pieces were off... However... the tip of her ring finger was bleeding. She was bleeding quite a bit actually. The cut was so small, but the location of the cut was a prime spot for bleeding (think...finger prick when they need blood samples at the doctor! Great bleeding spot)... so Jason wrapped her finger up in a few bandaids to apply enough pressure to make it stop -- and it did.


But, holy heck... Paige, Paige, Paige... you keep me on my toes.

No comments: