CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Favorites!







For this week's installment of the HV Nestie Blog Challenge the prompts are:

Favorite TV Show
I certainly can't say that I know of any TV shows that are like my family so... I'll just discuss my favorite show! My favorite television show is without a doubt::
I've followed this show since the 2nd season (and I made sure to go back and watch the first season!!)... I just get drawn into the storyline and the characters! I must admit, I don't follow many "scripted" shows anymore because I always feel like I don't have the time to invest in starting new shows but...this one, will always be my favorite!


Favorite Store
I'd say that my favorite store to shop at is Target. I love picking up things for myself at Target, the house, and the kids! If possible, I always defer my purchases to Target! I enjoy it because I'm able to just walk around and "get lost" in there browsing even if I'm not buying!

Favorite Recipe
Well many of you know that I'm not much of a cook - I do it, but its usually at the hands of someone elses recipe! So...there aren't many recipes I can share -- HOWEVER... the one recipe I've been using to toot my own horn ::TOOT TOOT:: is the dessert recipe I started making around the holidays. My mom has always used it as her go to for pot-lucks and stuff, and I've started using it too! It's such a crowd pleaser and well, its easy and YUMMY!!!

 Its  a blueberry-pineapple cobbler:
BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE COBBLER
Ingredients:
16 oz. can of crushed pineapple
Can of Comstock Blueberry Pie Filling (or any reputable brand)
Box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix (or any reputable brand)
2 sticks butter (1/2 lb.)
Cool Whip – Optional
Lightly grease 9 x 13” pan
Spread pineapple on bottom of pan with fork – don’t use extra juice
Spread blueberry pie filling on top of pineapple (better to spoon on in small piles so you
can evenly and lightly spread)
Sprinkle whole box of cake mix on top
Melt ½ lb. (2 sticks) butter - Pour over top ( I use a small gravy ladle for better coverage)
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour (only needs 45 minutes if oven is
accurate. Fruit will be bubbling and top should be golden brown.)
Serve w Cool whip - Optional

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like there are a lot of Target lovers out there. =) I like that store too.

Mrs. Boom said...

I love Grey's too and, of course, Target. I'll have to try your recipe...sounds delish :)

Day 2 Day Living said...

I love Target! I also love all the savings I can get there....and their clearance...yeah they do deep discounts.

Jenn said...

I love that cake. It's like heaven on a plate. Mmmmmmmmm!