CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 21 - A recipe

I got this recipe from my mom - she always uses it as her "go to" recipe for pot lucks, or things like that. This holiday season I had a few events that I needed to make a quick, easy and DELICIOUS dessert recipe -- so I will share it with you!

Mom’s Famous Easy One-Dish
BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE COBBLER
Ingredients:
16 oz. can of crushed pineapple
Can of Comstock Blueberry Pie Filling (or any reputable brand)
Box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix (or any reputable brand)
2 sticks butter (1/2 lb.)
Cool Whip – Optional
Lightly grease 9 x 13” pan
Spread pineapple on bottom of pan with fork – don’t use extra juice
Spread blueberry pie filling on top of pineapple (better to spoon on in small piles so you
can evenly and lightly spread)
Sprinkle whole box of cake mix on top
Melt ½ lb. (2 sticks) butter - Pour over top ( I use a small gravy ladle for better coverage)
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour (only needs 45 minutes if oven is
accurate. Fruit will be bubbling and top should be golden brown.)
Serve w Cool whip - Optional

No comments: