CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 16 - A Song That Makes You Cry (the real post)

The first song that came to mind makes me cry for happy reasons...not sad reasons.

It was the song I danced to with my father at my wedding... and it has a lot of meaning to me - its "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel  Kamakawiwo╩╗ole.

As a little girl I watched The Wizard of Oz so many times it is uncountable... At one point my dad bought me a little rainbow mirror that had my name across the bottom -- and when you turned the sun it played "somewhere over the rainbow"

So...the daunting task of selecting a Father/Daughter dance song... well, that is what we danced to!

Then...while I was pregnant with Connor, we (Jason and I) would often play this song on our ipods for him to "hear" in my belly (and then Mommy would dance with Connor to the song after he was born)... and it always made me cry!

Therefore, without a doubt, that's the song that makes me cry.
**Youtube will not grant me access to embed the video so here's the link in case you'd care to have a  listen***

No comments: