CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 2 - your definition of success

Well, according to wikipedia Success is defined as: Success may mean, but is not limited to:


SUCCESS

a level of social status


achievement of an objective/goal


the opposite of failure

Which, isn't too far off from my definition.... but, mine is a little more personal.
My definition of success is achieving a desire. Sure, the desire could be an objective, a goal, a wish, whatever... but achieving it....and maintaining it.

For me, I have been a wife, a mother of 2 wonderful little children and a full time teacher of special needs students. Being able to manage these things is my definition of success. Its hard enough to be a wife. Its hard enough to be a special education teacher. And, its absolutely hard enough to be a mother of two toddlers. Yet... I do it all, I manage it all, and each day when I go to sleep knowing I was a good wife, a good teacher and a great (I hope) mother .... then I know it was a successful day.