CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Things I learned on Vacation

We went on a mini- family vacation (our first "just us 4" vacation ever) to Mystic, Connecticut. We had a blast! I will post with pictures soon -but, first, I thought I'd share some things that I learned while on vacation:

  • Connor has a real good "fake cry" along with the cutest and fakest cry face
  • Paige wants to walk. Really really badly.
  • Paige is a lot less fearful of things than I thought she'd be...(at the "spray pad" she was sitting in the sprinklers and putting her face in them)
  • Sleeping in a hotel room means sleeping in a double bed with 2 kids... because, where else would they sleep? (Certainly not in the pack n play, or in the other bed with their Dad!!)
  • Watching my kids really enjoy and experience something makes me so happy I teared up -- watching the kids amazed by the fish at the Mystic Aquarium and watching Connor's eyes grow wide as he saw the beach for the first time -- some of the best moments.
  • Just getting away for a weekend can rejuvinate the whole family.
  • Not having much money to get away can still work out if you plan it right.
All in all...a great weekend... will post some great pics soon. Here's a little teaser:

3 comments:

Gina said...

Awww, such a cute pic! Can't wait to see more!

leira said...

That is great Kendra! So so so happy for you all.

Kayla said...

Aww you made me tear up! I am glad you had a great vacation. Its always nice to get away no matter how long.

Potato stayed in the pack and play when we went on our two day vacation. Although at 5am he was moving to our bed lol.