CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I miss reading.

I love to read. I think I have read ONE book since Connor was born -- yes, 18 month old Connor.
Wait. Allow me to clarify. I have read MANY books since Connor was born. But, I have not read more than ONE book for myself.

I can fully discuss the finer points of the literary masterpieces known as: "Elmo & Daddy", "Kittens", "Driving My Tractor", "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?", and "Where the Wild Things Are". Granted, they are some great books-- but... I miss reading.

Why don't I read? I'm lazy. Yup. Once both kids fall asleep I have a few minutes to start getting myself ready for work the next day (setup coffee pot, fix my lunch etc...to save some time the following morning) so by the time I'm done -- I am lazy and figure its easier to hop on the computer for a couple minutes instead of reading.

So, yes,I miss reading and its my own fault I don't read --but in the meantime, it seems like "Elmo & Daddy" it is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't change a Christmas tradition. GF

Anonymous said...

It won't change a Christmas tradition. GF

Mrs E said...

Good-- just gives me more incentive.

kadensmommy said...

I have been thinking about this so much too! The only books I have read that aren't among the Eric Carle variety are parenting books. I am struggling trying to motivate myself to snuggle up with a book, but like you, it's just easie to jump online. one of these days...we will indulge!