CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sitting back to appreciate

Before life with 2 under 2 I had more time to sit and relish in the delight of being a mom. Now that we have 2 - its just hard to find those quiet moments to reflect on how lucky I really am. There are many days where it is difficult - the kids are only 13 mos apart (Connor is approaching 17 mos old and Paige is 3.5 mos old). It's not much of a surprise that my little peanut was a surprise, but she has brought so much extra love and joy to our little family that what they say is true -- good things come in small packages.

In day to day life - we're so busy catching Connor from jumping off the couch head first or trying to stop him from dragging the cats across the floor by their tails while we're trying to rock/feed/soothe an infant. And, to top it all off, Paige hasn't been the easiest of babies - extreme colic, lots of sicknesses including her hospital visit - so needless to say - the first few months as a 4some were quite stressful and hectic. I tried to find those little moments to give extra hugs and kisses to each of them and spend some one-on-one time when possible.

However - just today - after being snowed in for the 3rd day in a row - I was feeding Paige and enjoying her contentment in my arms. I was also just watching Connor sit on the floor, eating his snack like a big boy and watching some cartoons. And suddenly, I was tearing up. I just felt such a strong wave of love and "oh my gosh this is my family". It was such a quiet moment that I was really able to sit back and appreciate how much love we have in this house.

I will store that moment to refresh my memory in the midst of a crying baby and a whining toddler tugging at my leg when I feel like "I can't do this!!!!!" I will remember how much I am lucky to know that soon I'll have two little trouble makers running around this place and that every single minute of it - good and bad- really has been worth it.

4 comments:

One Pork Chop said...

This is a beautiful post and very true. We need to take more time to just sit back and take it all in because these moments pass by so quickly. If we don't take the time to appreciate them, we'll look back with deep regret.

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama said...

I love this post! I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a second right now but I love how you are staying positive and truly appreciating everything that life is giving you. Hugs to you!

Fire Wife said...

THIS is awesome.

I so badly want to start TTC for #2, and my mom keeps asking me if I think I can handle two (thanks Mom), and I just keep thinking "I know it will be more work, more difficult, but oh the increase in blessings!"

Mary P said...

These are all the little "moments" I had mentioned...and for every 100 trying, terrible ones, just one of these can do a world of good :0)