CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ode to the Vacuum


This is the exact model that saved my life these last few colic filled months. Yes...the running vacuum was the ONLY, I repeat ONLY thing that soothed Paige... and now that the colic seems to be ending (thank heavens!!!) I find it only appropriate to bid a fond farewell to my nightly friend -- the Hoover Wind Tunnel.




#1 A Haiku

Vacuum, I love you
Without you I'd be loony
You have saved my life

#2 A Haiku

The loud hum, hum, hum
All of the crying has stopped
Hum, hum, hum, shhh, shhh

#3 A Limerick

There once was a cute little vacuum
Whose loud obnoxious hum did make me swoon
For without any power
My life would have gone sour
And I'd end up in the psych ward too soon

#4 An Acrostic Poem

Very noisily sitting in my living room
Always there when we needed it the most
Constant humming soothed the baby
Usually sent her right off to dreamland
Unable to hold a normal conversation over the sound
My go to appliance for sanity


Thank you Hoover Wind Tunnel, thank you.

1 comment:

Mary P said...

LMAO...hahahaha....

Awesome :0) Glad Hoover has saved your sanity...and that you can finally put it back in the closet!