CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Learning "no"

Now that Connor knows the concept of "No" I'm in trouble...
He doesn't really say it - but he sure shakes his head "No" when he doesn't want something.

Mommy: "Connor ready to take a bath?"
Connor : shakes head no
Mommy: "But you love baths...don't you want to take a bubble bath?"
Connor: shakes head no
and this goes on...and on...until finally he gets a bath anyway...with resistance.

This morning he was in his high chair eating cheerios, french toast sticks and drinking milk.. he started playing more than eating (usually a sure fire sign he's finished)... So....

Mommy: "Are you finished?"
Connor: shakes head no but continues to play with food, not eat
Mommy: "If you're playing you're all done..." and I reach for food plate
Connor: shakes head no, and YELLS!!!!
Mommy: "ok, then eat if you're not done..."
Connor: eats a bite, goes back to playing with food...
Mommy: "Stop playing. You're done"
Connor: shakes head no, eats another bite.... a minute later...hands me the plate.
Why??? it was on his terms...
grrrrrrr

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

omg that is cute but I definitely know I'd get frustrated too.

Mary P said...

Ethan does the same thing...I think he likes to hear himself say "NO"! And it confuses the hell out of me :0) gotta love that budding independence!