CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Adventures of Colic.

My beautiful little girl is suffering from colic. Or rather, the whole family is suffering from colic. Colic affects the whole family because the episodes of screaming and crying last on and on (Sorry Mom and Dad, now I know what you went through!)....

Exhibit A:
video

Normally, after Jason & I have exhausted ALL options we break out the vacuum cleaner (or in a quick pinch I'll grab the dustbuster if I'm holding the baby and have only one free hand...it works until Jason can get the vacuum out)... and that tends to help soothe her. Its quite a sight though sitting on the computer or watching TV with a running vacuum next to you. But hey, if it works, it works!

Exhibit B:

video

Last night, however, NOTHING WORKED. We tried everything we could think of and nothing worked longer than 5 minutes or so - it was the worst episode she'd ever had. I was brought to tears because I really did not know what else to do.

We tried:
  • gripe water
  • the dustbuster
  • the vacuum cleaner
  • massaging her stomach
  • rotating her legs
  • walking/bouncing her
  • feeding her
  • a car ride
  • more clothes/less clothes
  • a small bottle of warm water to help move things through her system
Ugh...last night was a tough one...but hopefully it was the last of its kind...if not, they better prepare a bed for me at the asylum because its enough to drive anyone mad.

1 comment:

Lian said...

I hope you survive your baby's colic days. It truly is exhausting, crazy and worrying when you can't find a way to stop the crying. That's why I compiled an extensive list of baby colic remedies. Care to check it out:
http://valuebookshop.com/2009/colic-baby-remedies/