CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Kindness of Others

Throughout the holiday season the emphasis of our daily routines should be helping others in need, and being kind to others. I have mentioned before that I frequent a message board website thenest.com (for married women) and a spinoff called thebump.com (for mothers/pregnant women).

There have been many occasions where I have seen "Nesties" (as we affectionately call one another) band together to help others in need. Keeping in mind that this is a national message board many of these women are helping out strangers. I have seen Nesties band together and make donations for gifts to send to fellow Nesties that have experienced some type of loss and/or tragedy, I've seen them band together to honor one another in many, many ways.
Sure, lots of these very same women have "e-arguments" and disagree with one another in posts but in the face of hardship or tragedy that all fades away.

My reason for bringing light to these women are that recently I had a few things I needed to get off my chest. Sometimes its easier to let out your worries to strangers than to people who really know you. As a result, I received some extremely supportive e-mails from these women offering help if I needed and/or desired it. I truly appreciated the kindness from others that was directed my way and it was nice to know that sometimes true strangers will offer you support just like your best friend or your family would.

Keep up the good work Nesties... I am thankful for all of you this holiday season and am proud of some of the great things I've seen done by you.

1 comment:

I'm Lori...and maybe I'm you, too. said...

Very sweet. And true. We've got some great girls, don't we?