CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

awake!

So, its 5:20 a.m. and I have just about an hour before I have to be "up" for work.
I have been up since 2:45 when Connor woke up crying. Of course, he's back asleep & so is hubby. Not me....

Connor woke up Saturday night (around midnight) with a fever of 101.5 -- poor thing, he must have been partied out from his big birthday bash (pictures will come of that soon, promise). We gave him some tylenol and let him sleep in bed so we can keep him close. In the morning, his fever was back up to 101.7 -- I called the pediatrician and they got us an appointment (yes, on a Sunday!!) I'm so glad we took him in right away because the poor guy has a double ear infection! We would have never known if it hadn't been for the fever because he was showing no indications of discomfort.
Poor guy - has been in fairly good spirits considering....
At least we got antibiotics in him already (2 doses) and we've been giving him motrin instead of tylenol to help with the fever.

Well -- he woke up at 2:45 this morning and I could feel he was burning up - fever back to 102. So of course, now that he's gotten more motrin, a cool bottle (want to keep him hydrated!) and is fassssssst asleep - I'm just sitting here awake unable to go back to bed. It's pretty pointless now since my alarm will be buzzing soon. But, oh I'll be tired tomorrow!

In the meantime, I'll sit here and watch him sleep while the little girl inside kicks away as if it were her party time!

1 comment:

Mary P said...

yucky ear infections! feel better Connor--hopefully Mommy can get some sleep too! xx