CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

12 month appointment

Ok, I know Connor hit "12 months" a couple weeks ago - but I postponed his appointment due to the high fever, ear infections and taking antibiotics. I wanted him healthy before he got vaccinations.

Well, he's a healthy 23 lbs 6 oz (actually losing some weight - not that we were trying to have him lose weight but he's non stop so its inevitable!) and he's 29 1/2 inches tall. This puts him in the 60th percentile for weight and 40th for height.

Unfortunately, my little well behaved boy (at the doctors office) was not there with me today. I had to fight and wrestle him every step of the way. I felt badly though - he actually was scared. He used to be so easygoing at the doctors - but ever since the last trip we took there when he was burning up with the fever he's been frightened by the whole experience. Even getting weighed and measured had him screaming and crying.

After the doctor examined him (screaming and crying the whole time for this as well) he had a few moments to calm down before..........the shots.

Poor baby had to get 4 shots (MMR, Chicken Pox, PCV and the flu shot)- and we even put one off (Hepatitis A) until next month because we didn't want to give him 5 at once. He has to return next month for the second half of his flu shot (the regular seasonal flu shot is given to children in half doses) so he can get Hep A then.

Ahhhh it was terrible from start to finish and the poor baby cried so hard. He was clinging to me, screaming, and just looking for me to make it end. The worst part was...that I had to force him to stay there, and help hold him down during the exam and shots. All I wanted to do was cuddle him and "rescue" him but I could not.

1 comment:

Mary P said...

:-( poor Connor. I hate those moments when we as parents hate it too, but have to say: "it's for your own good!" I didn't think that phrase would start so early....but it does.