CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Our First Mother's Day

Was perfect.
I got to spend the whole day with my special man and my husband.
We didn't do anything momentous, but just being together was the key.

I even got a special present from my little guy - a 'kiss'!
Mr. E told Connor to "kiss Mommy" and he looked right at me, opened his mouth and went straight for my face. Right after I said "Aw thank you!!" And Daddy cheered - Connor was clearly pleased with himself.

So, we spent the next five minutes "giving kisses" - each one more drooly than the next, yet, each one was still more perfect and special than the next.

At the end of the day when I was giving him his last bottle and he fell asleep I just sat there holding him a little longer soaking in the perfect feeling of being his mother.

It's an odd thing - most days I don't 'feel' like a mother. I mean, yes, I definitely have a motherly instinct and will do whatever it takes to care for my baby but what does a mother really "feel" like?? Well, I suppose I felt it yesterday just holding the baby those extra few minutes as he slept in my arms. I sat there, looking at him and thinking about our life before him, and how I'd never, ever go back there - not for one moment.

That, I'm quite sure, is what it feels like to be a mother.

1 comment:

Mary P said...

Connor has such a great mommy! Glad you enjoyed those big wet kisses! Pretty soon, he'll be giving them to the ladies :-)