CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Night Terrors.

A replay of Saturday night:

  • Connor goes down to bed around 9:00 p.m.
  • Mommy goes to bed around 10:15 p.m.
  • Around 11:30, Mommy jumps out of bed faster than she ever has before because she hears the most horrific screaming and crying coming over the monitor.
  • Mommy runs, stumbling into the baby's room.
  • Daddy is already in there trying to console a screaming, crying baby. The baby is not really awake - eyes closed, not aware that Daddy is holding him - yet he is screaming and crying the most terrifying, panicked cries I have ever heard.
  • This continues for at least 10 minutes - as we are unable to wake and/or calm the baby.
  • Connor finally starts waking up - I take him into my arms, and he is still so shaken up he is gasping for air, in a hyper-ventilating action.
  • Throughout the ordeal, I start crying because I do not know what is wrong. Is he sick? Is it a nightmare? Do we need to take him to the hospital? How can we make this stop? Why can't we soothe our baby?

It was so scary -- I'm pretty sure what we experienced was our son having a Night Terror.
I was so scared because I wasn't sure if it would happen again after putting him back to bed - or if he was sick and I should stay by his side- - so I opted to stay by his side.
Mr. E set up a nice cozy blanket and pillow bed on the living room floor so Connor and I slept next to each other in the living room for the rest of Saturday night - to make me feel better because Connor was already on his way back to dreamland.

1 comment:

Mary P said...

yikes, poor baby--very scary for all of you :-( hope that was the first, and the last. give him a kiss and hug from me!...and one for you too!