CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where is Thumbkin? He ain't here.

I'm quite sure most of you are familiar with the fingerplay "Where Is Thumbkin" (the one where you name each "member" of your hand and bring them out to greet one another...yeah, that one).

So, Connor normally enjoys this fingerplay because he is interested in the movment of my hands and my fingers going back and forth and up and down.

Last night, we were all set up to play on the floor when I thought it would be a nice time to do this with him...

Mommy sings: Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin?
Here I am! (Brings out right thumb) Here I am! (Brings out left thumb....)

and...instead of moving on to the next line of the song -- Connor thought it would be a better idea to grab my hand and try to shove my thumb into his mouth! I laughed, of course...but kept on singing...

Mommy sings, again: (wiggling right thumb) How are you today sir....
(wiggling left thumb) Very well.....
and thumb is once again grabbed by Connor and stuck into his mouth.

Hmmm...this activity is getting rather difficult since we're still only on Thumbkin and we have 4 more fingers to go, plus the whole hand!

Mommy sings, yet again: (puts right hand behind back) Run away....
(puts left hand behind back) Run away...
Where is Pointer? Where is Pointer?
Here I am! (Brings out Right pointer finger)
and then once again the game is stopped by Connor's chew time... so clearly, Thumbkin was not welcome here last night!

No comments: