CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Going Bald.

Me, that is.
Well, ok, not bald but a heck of a lot of hair has been falling out!!
I did look in to it - and apparently its perfectly normal to lose hair post partum.
No matter how normal it is, its never fun to be shampooing your hair and feel like you're losing more hairs than you are washing!

According to babycenter.com:
Many new moms are surprised to find themselves shedding more hair than usual in the first few months after giving birth, but it's perfectly normal... During pregnancy, increased levels of estrogen prolong the growing stage. There are fewer hairs in the resting stage and fewer falling out each day, so you have thicker, more luxuriant tresses.

After you give birth, your estrogen levels take a tumble and a lot more hair follicles enter the resting stage. Soon you'll have more hair coming out in the shower or on the brush. This unusual shedding will taper off and your hair will be back to its pre-pregnancy thickness about six to 12 months after you give birth.

Oh, joy!! So, not only do I hardly take the time to DO my hair - but now I should carry around some crazy glue or a wig in case I need to start patching things up a bit!

3 comments:

Leslie Shaffer said...

oh man...I can't wait for all these wonderful experiences!! It's almost like our bodies turn into a good sci-fi novel! xoxox. I'm sure you look beautiful...

Anonymous said...

haha! Join the club--my brush looks like it could live on its own!

The Maurers said...

Me too!!! The weird thing is it just started doing this or maybe I just started noticing it :)