CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Too Good To Be True?!

Our little bundle gave us a run for the money last night - he was pretty fussy... We rocked him, walked him, fed him, changed him, played with him, sang to him...

In fact, at one point I realized I had hit the moment of desperation when I was sitting on my bed in the dark, holding him up (in burping position), watching Dancing With The Stars ON MUTE, and listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean from my alarm clock HOPING he would fall asleep.

And...he did!!! Until Daddy decided to start printing out documents and talking and WOKE UP THE BABY!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.....

Luckily, it didn't take much for him to go back to sleep (one all the stupid printing finished)...

I anticipated a midnight wake up call, it never came...
Around 2:30 a.m. I heard him let out a single cry and a few "grunts"...but then silence
(Hm...now I actually found myself debating whether or not to go back to sleep because "he's definitely going to get up any minute now...")

Its a good thing I went back to sleep -- He slept until 5 a.m.! HOLY CRAP! He actually slept through the night without wanting a feeding or burping! I think from 10pm until 5 am is a pretty gooood stretch of sleeping for our little guy. - Of course he does it when I'm off the next day -- now if only we can continue this pattern for next week when we have work!

So, thinking that this was too good to be true I actually didn't believe that he really slept all through the night, and asked Mr E this morning "Did I miss him cry or something last night?" haha, of course not... he really just slept!

1 comment:

Mary said...

yea!--should i send champagne? you'll see more and more of these nights...with a couple of sleepless ones thrown in :-)