CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

I passed!




Yesterday I had my Glucose test - which checked my blood sugar levels for the possibility of Gestational Diabetes.


After hearing such horror stories about this brightly colored orange drink - the worst part was getting the bottle to my mouth for the first sip! I heard how nasty it tasted, and "Good Luck!!" from numerous people that I figured I would gag the instant it passed my lips. The BEST advice I was given was to CHUG it - and take as few sips as possible! So, I did. I think I drank that 10 oz in 3 large sips and 1 little sip. It wasn't terrible. I mean, I would never be sitting around and think to myself 'Gee, I wish I could get a cup of that glucose drink' - but it didn't cause me to gag. It tasted like a super sweet, non-carbonated orange soda. <--- Looks delicious, eh?

However, I drank the drink- got my blood taken and passed! Yay! I don't have to take the 3 hour version of this dreaded test! Phew...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

yeah!!!!!